Sunday 14 February 2016

Reads of 2016 so far



So it's February half term. Finally. And, of course, I have a stinking cold. This always happens every holiday from school- my body is so used to running around at full pelt for weeks on end that when it is suddenly given a weekend of doing nothing but sleeping in and hibernating on the sofa, it can't handle it. It essentially shuts down. So while I'm feeling sorry for myself (and dreading the inevitable Tuesday/Wednesday of this week when I need to stop giving myself that split second break I need and start marking the 75 year 11 exercise books that are still in my car), I thought I'd catch up on this.
If you're so busy, how do you have time to read, some people ask. If I'm honest, I need to read every day. I notice it if I don't as my mind hasn't has a chance to shut off from the world and recoup. So since the last time I posted (just over a month ago on the 9th January), I have read the following:

- 'Dept. of Speculation' by Jenny Offal
He bought me flowers :)
- 'The Wilderness' by Samantha Harvey
- 'I Am Pilgrim' by Terry Hayes
- A short story from 'Little Black Book of Stories' by A.S Byatt
- 'Notes on a Scandal' by Zoe Heller
- 'The Secret by the Lake' by Louise Douglas
- 'The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up' by Marie Kondo

I'll be writing little reviews on each and will post a few pieces of writing I've had to do for uni just to spice things up.

In the meantime, Happy Valentine's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow